Written by: Kushal Dev | Co-founder, Customer Guru
Dealing with unsatisfied customers is part of any organisation including yours. If done properly not only can it help you recover these customers but also help you learn a thing or two about better customer experience. Unsatisfied customers are in fact your best growth hackers providing insights on what needs to be improved in your business to achieve higher satisfaction levels for your customers. Here are a few things to keep in mind when reaching out to such customers.
- Gather as much information of the customer as possible through your internal systems. Key inputs including personal details, how long have they been doing business with you, concerns in the past, historical satisfaction trends, their lifetime value and anything to do with your customers and their relationship with your organization. It helps you identify the importance of recovering a customer and what can you commit to recover that customer
- Once a customer problem is identified its important to identify and propose alternatives to solve customer issues. Its good to let your customers choose but if you genuinely feel an option is best for them then consult them for the same.
- Remember that the call is to address customer issue and not an opportunity to up-sell/cross-sell. Propose only what is in the best interest of the customer
- Be genuinely concerned and let it show in action and words. Apologise for your mistake (even if it is not yours ;-)), be courteous and sincere in your actions.
- If required and business allows, offer them some goodies. It makes business sense to budget these expenses in your marketing and advertising spends!
Reach Kushal at email@example.com